Tuesday, September 4, 2012

she's in me, always with me

 


The theme for me this month is creativity.  
Reconnecting with the person that I dreamed of being as a girl.
Someone might say "the inner goddess"
But I would say just me.
 Without caring constantly about what I perceive people think about me.

I began belly dancing again.
 I used to do this a lot through high school up until a few years ago. 
It's my third week being taught by the beautiful Sabrina Fox.
(look her up if your in SD!)
Tribal Bellydance
This is a form I was never familiar with but am becoming more enchanted by it. 
It so raw, fun and witchy.
Right down my alley. 
It requires a great deal of letting go, and trust in your body, that your body is capable of executing the right moves. 
I find I do better when I just let my body flow and get entranced by the live drumming around me and
my fellow dancing sisters.

I live for my weekends now with my Dancing followed by my voice lessons.
Taught by the amazing Julianna Snapper.
I've come so very far. 
A goal I have for myself would be to have a creative career.
Ultimately a career supported by my creativity/artistry. 
That will take the ultimate self trust, discipline, and flow. 
Baby steps. 
Xo
Ps. Listen to Lia Ices. 


No comments: